Dragonflies offer families, children and young people a safe space to share their feelings and experiences of bereavement, and provides creative and therapeutic activities alongside group discussion. For children aged 5-18 years, a series of peer group sessions are delivered by trained staff and volunteers across Hastings, Rother and Eastbourne areas. The project offers one to one counselling for young people aged 15 years plus, and early years support for children aged 5 years and under.
What can Dragonflies offer?
- Initial home visit and assessment
- 8 sessions of peer support groups for children and young people aged 5 – 18 years
- Bereavement awareness for parents and carers in 8 sessions of peer support groups
- One to one counselling for 15 years plus
- Signposting and support for Early Years bereavement
- Support for families coping with pre-bereavement
- Telephone and email support
What difference has Dragonflies made?
What families say about Dragonflies:
- Over 2100 local children and young people have been supported since 2006
- 98% of participants said the Dragonflies activities had helped them.
- 82% of parents had said they had seen a positive change in the child's behaviour
"My child has been more confident with other people, goes to places on his own. He understands a lot more about feelings towards bereavement."
To make a referral please complete Dragonflies Referral Form which can be found under Downloads below.
If you would like to join Dragonflies Lottery with a chance to win a monthly prize
see link Dragonflies Lottery
For more information please contact Francesca tel: 01424 855222 ext. 206