Parents and Children Together
PACT trains parents/carers to become volunteers to support other families in the local community with their children's learning.
What do volunteers receive?
A volunteer training programme for parents/carers living in Hastings and St. Leonards where volunteers train to gain a City & Guilds Level 2 qualification in Award in Work with Parents.
Training comprises of 4 hours per week fpr 18 weeks covering 3 modules:
- Supporting parents/carers to meet their children's needs
- Supporting parents/carers to gain knowledge and access information and services
- Supporting and maintaining relationships with parents/carers
Volunteeers are expected to commit to a minimum of 20 hours support during their traning in order to achieve their qualifications.
What do families receive?
- A series of 10 supportive visits in their own home or access to Drop-in and Play Groups
- Support from a volunteer to learn how play forms an importance part of children's learning
- A range of stimulating ideas for activities to promote children's self-confidence and independence
To make a referral to receive support please complete PACT Referral Form link
To volunteer or take part in the training contact Jane tel: 01424 423683 ext. 34 or