What we offer:
FSN nurseries provide a safe and nurturing environment, offering the best early start to children’s learning, with high quality care encouraging children to become independent and confident learners.
- Home visits before your child starts nursery
- Settling in visits
- Teams of qualified and committed practitioners are motivated, keen, friendly, and have a wide range of experience
- Key person to ensure close parent–partnerships
- Off-site activities such as Forest Fun, Beach Fun
- Parent/Carer evenings
- Access to Tapestry (interactive Online Learning Journal)
- Access to other FSN projects and opportunities for families to offer a holistic approach for children, young people and families
- Ideas for home learning
FSN operates an open-door policy for parents/carers and values the importance of the parents role as their child's first educator.
Every child is unique and we aim to meet the learning needs of each child respecting the different stages of development. A wide range of diverse fun, educational activities, toys and resources support your child’s early learning and wellbeing.
HALO – Healthy Active Little Ones
FSN nurseries understand the importance of promoting healthy lifestyles at the earliest stage to ensure the best start for children. The HALO project, funded by the local Clinical Commissioning Group, allows our nurseries to provide activities and resources for children to develop their physical skills and to learn about the importance of healthy eating. FSN nurseries have used the funding to train staff to deliver Forest Fun activities, purchased balance bikes for parents/carers to borrow for use at home and dance activities for children and their family, as well as resources to develop gross motor skills.
REAL Creative Evaluation 2019
Written by Dr Rory McDowall Clark for Culture Shift